Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pre-New Moon Movie, on Bella

So far I have only had post about Hashi's and the other part of this blog is SENIOR YR, which sadly/happily involves Stephanie Myers' Twilight Saga. Here comes the sadly, I am a devoted fan of, I am Team Jacob, (because stalkers aren't as hot as they seem), I have the first movie, and multiple posters of Taylor Launtner in my room. I read, watch, love Twilight, because who wouldn't want eternal life especially with Hasi's and it would be great if a immortal man could save me from it, but sadly I would pick living life instead of watching it. This post is my pre-movie-post. When I see the movie, after all of the tweens are done screaming at Jacob's shirtless-god-like chest, I will post a second blog.

Even though I prefer much more interesting vampire/werewolf stories like Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Patricia Brigg's Mercy Thompson series I still put Twilight on my list of favorites. Yes it is a story for squealing tweens who don't know that vampires can't go into your room without you letting them. Or the fact that werewolves are 'moon called' and the shape shifters that Myers created shouldn't have been called werewolves in the first place.
I hope that this movie gives me what I want, an hour and thirty minutes away from tests, sonograms, soy-free, and gluten-low life. I wish the Bella was more of a well - feminist, because at 18 you should be attached to one guy no-matter how broody or sparkly. I wish that Bella could save herself like so many of us thyroid patients already do. Even Buffy manages to kill her vampire (yes Spike this one counts for you) and saves the world doing it.

I have problems with the books because the changed the meaning of sexy vampire to abstinence-only vampire. Because werewolves howl at the moon. Because vampires sizzle in the sun. Because stalkers are creepy. Because werewolves are HOT-not literally. And because every girl needs to learn to save themselves.

3 comments:

  1. I have watched the movie of twilight saga. I think this one of the biggest blockbusters of this year. The concept of the movie is similar to the book related to the movie( I don’t remember the book name).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even I too watched the movie and I can say that it is superhit movie. Being a doctor I can say that the taking of the movie is simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's great to hear! I saw the movie and loved, like I though I would.

    ReplyDelete