Saturday, August 15, 2009

Taking away my sight too.

Most women who have thyroid disease are misdiagnosed multiple times. I on the other hand had only one symptom a goiter until my doctor found it in a routine physical. Soon after that I noticed in my old middle school photo's my throat was enlarged, the nasty thing had been with me for years. I had always been the over dramatic one, the sentimental one, I was always too up or too down. That's what I feel like now that I have two gears fast and stopped never in the middle nor a nice jogging pace one or the other (not to mention but right now I'm crashing).
I love to sing, to sing at the top of my lungs and dance around my room, now sometimes my voice is so horse I can barley talk and my body so tired I can't lift my head up. But some how all of these terrific women on Dear Thyroid get though it. So why can't I seem to be as strong as them. I haven't really gain weight, my hair is still as thick as can be, and until recently I could read size 50 font from across a room.
One thing that we learn as thyroid victims is to be strong, because most of us are just waiting and looking. I have learned so much from these women and I would like to thank them. For bringing my sight back, my eyes maybe losing focus, but I can see everything as clear as day. And I don't have it as bad as most, but I have it and I will never forget that.
Thank you again Dear Thyroid writers, I'm listening.

1 comment:

  1. Madison,

    You are incredibly strong, much stronger than you give yourself credit for. You're doing great.

    This disease has a way of attacking our sense of self, which is an unfortunate byproduct. Please remember that you're doing GREAT and you're finding your way.

    You are VERY BRAVE!

    ReplyDelete