Sunday, September 13, 2009

What makes me different?

I live with my mom and step-dad and brother
I have two step siblings who I am close to
My family is more than who I live with
I am living with disease
I have overcome loneliness
I have weakness
I have strength
I don’t know if I want to go to college
I don’t know why I became diseased
I don’t know what happens next
I feel like I’m holding on to a piece of fishing wire
I feel nothing
I feel everything
I want to make a difference
I want to help others like me
I want more than what my body will give me
I want peace
I want time
I want to feel
I want to live
I want to be free
I want more
I can breathe
I can write
I can read
I can love
I can hope
I can be free of this disease
I am more than a disease
I am more than a teenager
I am more than my life I have started
I deserve respect
I deserve to be healthy
I deserve to know what is going on
I deserve to know what is life going to be like
I deserve love

No comments:

Post a Comment